A versatile leaf that may be added to salads, soups and stir-fries.
Mildy peppery with piquant, mustardy notes, hardy Mizuna produces abundant, feathery leaves that may be stir-fried, pickled, added to soups or eaten raw as a salad garnish.
For a humble leaf, Mizuna is surprisingly high in protein and vitamins, especially vitamin A, C and K, and has anti-histamine/anti-inflamatory properties. Its magnesium content may assist in relieving high blood pressure, but don’t forget gardening alone is good for that. As if that wasn’t enough you may be interested to know that Mizuna has been successfully grown in space (on the ISS): if they can do it …
- Sow under cover from January or outside from March
- Keep soil moist
- Transfer seedlings to sun/partial shade
- Thrives in containers filled with good compost
- Harvest younger leaves continuously up to December
- 160 x 110 x 2mm
- Includes 700 seeds approx
- Due to phytosanitary regulations, we regret these are only available for sale in the U.K
- In Stock - Available to dispatch in the UK, contact us for showroom stock availability
UK: (excluding Tripod Ladders)
- Free delivery for orders over £100*
- £4.00: 48 Tracked with Royal Mail - delivered by the postie, can be left in safe place, limited tracking info. Approx 2-4 working days.
- £7.50: FedEx Tracked service delivered next working day for orders received before 1pm GMT Mon–Fri (ex Bank Holidays).
Global: (excluding Tripod Ladders)
- Free delivery for orders over £/$/€100*
- Price depends on location - adjust the COUNTRY tab in your basket to see the price.
- We use DHL, FedEx, or UPS, and we’ll email you the tracking info.
*Customs fees may apply and are estimated during checkout. Surcharges may apply to some larger or heavier items to some areas.
* Please note Niwaki are not responsible for any import duty, taxes or fees incurred and these will be will be collected by our courier during customs clearance — For EU countries, when possible DHL will provide an estimate on the order confirmation page.