Rich, sweet and creamy orange flesh encased in an edible green skin make for a versatile and nutritious addition to your vegetable patch. Delicious roasted or eaten as tempura, it is highly prized in Japan for the length of time for which it can be stored over the winter.
- Sow vertically, 1cm deep and 50cm apart in a sheltered spot with plenty of well-rotted manure.
- Feed every 2 weeks.
- Water well, avoiding wetting the fruit.
- Lift growing fruit off the soil to rest on clay, wood or straw.
- Remove any foliage that is shading the fruit, which need sun to ripen.
- Harvest before frosts, once the leaves begin to wither and turn yellow.
- Kabocha will last longer if a good portion of the stalk is left intact and they are cured in the sun for 7-14 days after harvest.
- 160 x 110 x 2mm
- Includes 5 seeds per pack
- Due to phytosanitary regulations, we regret these are only available for sale in the U.K
- In Stock - Available to dispatch in the UK, contact us for showroom stock availability
UK: (excluding Tripod Ladders)
- Free delivery for orders over £100*
- £4.00: Standard service via Royal Mail Tracked 48; typically 2–5 working days.
- £7.50: Priority service via Royal Mail Tracked 24, DHL, FedEx, or UPS; typically delivered next working day by 6pm (excluding Sat/Sun and UK Bank Holidays) for orders received before 12pm GMT Mon–Fri (excluding UK Bank Holidays).
Global: (excluding Tripod Ladders)
- Free delivery for orders over £/$/€100*
- Price depends on location - adjust the COUNTRY tab in your basket to see the price.
- We use DHL, FedEx, or UPS, and we’ll email you the tracking info.
*Customs fees may apply and are estimated during checkout. Surcharges may apply to some larger or heavier items to some areas.
* Please note Niwaki are not responsible for any import duty, taxes or fees incurred and these will be will be collected by our courier during customs clearance — For EU countries, when possible DHL will provide an estimate on the order confirmation page.
From $31.50 exVAT
From $85.50 exVAT
From $289.00 exVAT
From $85.50 exVAT