Niwaki Utility Scissors
For the home and garden
As comfortable tearing apart old packaging as harvesting your heritage tomato crop.
Great all rounders for the garden, greenhouse, home and office. One blade is very finely serrated, for grip and traction, easily cutting through rough fibrous stuff, flower stalks and packaging straps. Perfect for cut flowers.
Delivering to US (Paying in USD) Edit
Please note: By law, we are not permitted to sell a knife or blade to any person under the age of 18. By placing an order for one of these items you are declaring that you are 18 years of age or over. These items must be used responsibly and appropriately.
Niwaki Utility Scissors
- 181 x 92 x 12mm
- 55mm blades
- Stainless Steel
- Plastic handles
- Made in Sanjo, Japan
- In Stock - Available to dispatch worldwide, contact us for showroom stock availability
UK: (excluding Tripod Ladders)
- Free delivery for orders over £100*
- £4.00: Royal Mail tracked service - delivered by the postie, can be left in safe place, limited tracking info. Approx 2-5 working days.
- £7.50: DHL, FedEx, or UPS tracked service typically delivered next working day by 6pm (excluding Sat/Sun and UK Bank Holidays) for orders received before 12pm GMT Mon–Fri (excluding UK Bank Holidays).
Global: (excluding Tripod Ladders)
- Free delivery for orders over £/$/€100*
- Price depends on location - adjust the COUNTRY tab in your basket to see the price.
- We use DHL, FedEx, or UPS, and we’ll email you the tracking info.
*Customs fees may apply and are estimated during checkout. Surcharges may apply to some larger or heavier items to some areas.
* Please note Niwaki are not responsible for any import duty, taxes or fees incurred and these will be will be collected by our courier during customs clearance — For EU countries, when possible DHL will provide an estimate on the order confirmation page.
Caring For Your Tools
Most of our sharp tools are made from carbon steel - this means they will, through regular use, stain (and eventually rust) and gradually lose their edge. Caring for them involves three things…
1. Correct Use:
- Japanese steel is hard and sharp, and can be more brittle than some people are used to - it will chip if abused
- Do not cut wire, metal, stone, plastic or any other hard material (even bamboo fibres and some very hard woods, especially knots and burrs, can damage steel edges)
- Do not twist or apply uneven pressure
- Cut diagonally across branches (not straight across) so you cut along the fibres
- Pay attention to our maximum cut dimensions, and don’t overdo it (shears are not loppers)
- Use the base of the blades, not the tips, for heavier cuts
2. Keeping Them Clean:
- Remove leaf resin, rust and gunk with a Crean Mate and water
- Dry, wipe over with Camellia oil and store in a dry place
3. Keeping Them Sharp:
New tools won’t need sharpening for some time, but after a while you’ll notice them gradually lose their edge, especially if you’re box clipping (you need REALLY sharp blades to get a good finish with box). Use the Niwaki Sharpening Stones for best results (#1000 grit is best for general sharpening).
- Sharpen Secateurs every couple of weeks
- Sharpen Shears and Topiary Clippers EVERY TIME you use them - the difference is amazing
Niwaki Daikiba Secateurs
Niwaki Mainichi Knife
Niwaki GR Pro Secateurs
Niwaki Hori Hori
Niwaki Forged Snips
Niwaki Kojima Work Jacket
Niwaki Tripod Ladder
Niwaki Garden Shears
Niwaki GR 210 Folding Saw