Hand-crafted in Osaka
Each of these slightly special holsters is fashioned by hand in Osaka, Japan from supple, 3mm thick leather, thread and brass rivets. For something so simple, we went through a surprising number of prototypes to get the shape just right. The name means ‘vase’ – a nod to the curvy lines – but we were also inspired by gourds, turnips and other bulbous horticultural eruptions.
A small aperture at the base of the holster makes it easier to flush out unwanted matter. Attach it to your belt with the simple leather loop on the reverse.
Quality-wise, this holster would make a fine match for an exquisite pair of Kurumi Secateurs (pictured but sadly not included), but all others secateurs and snips will fit.
Did you know ‘tsubo’ is also a unit of measurement, equivalent to roughly 3.3m², or two tatami mats, if you’re a Japanese estate agent.
- 235 x 100mm
- 3mm Leather
- Made in Osaka, Japan
- Brass Rivets
- In Stock - Available to dispatch worldwide, contact us for showroom stock availability
UK: (excluding Tripod Ladders)
- Free delivery for orders over £100*
- £4.00: Standard service via Royal Mail Tracked 48; typically 2–5 working days.
- £7.50: Priority service via Royal Mail Tracked 24, DHL, FedEx, or UPS; typically delivered next working day by 6pm (excluding Sat/Sun and UK Bank Holidays) for orders received before 12pm GMT Mon–Fri (excluding UK Bank Holidays).
Global: (excluding Tripod Ladders)
- Free delivery for orders over £/$/€100*
- Price depends on location - adjust the COUNTRY tab in your basket to see the price.
- We use DHL, FedEx, or UPS, and we’ll email you the tracking info.
*Customs fees may apply and are estimated during checkout. Surcharges may apply to some larger or heavier items to some areas.
* Please note Niwaki are not responsible for any import duty, taxes or fees incurred and these will be will be collected by our courier during customs clearance — For EU countries, when possible DHL will provide an estimate on the order confirmation page.