Hand Hammered Copper Tumbler
Heirloom-quality drinking vessel to last a lifetime
Individually hand-formed and painstakingly hammered into shape over an anvil-mold known as a toriguchi*, using the traditional tsuiki technique, these copper tumblers are a joy to look at, hold and use.
Hammering the copper makes it brittle, so along the way the vessel is repeatedly heated and cooled to ‘anneal’ it. It’s a slow process, but once you hold the cup in your hand we hope you’ll agree it was worth the effort.
Copper’s excellent thermal conductivity keeps drinks cold longer – perfect for your whisky or shochu ロック(on the rocks) and beer, of course. Water too, if you’re so inclined – a pair of these would make very attractive bedside vessels for sipping somnambulists.
Copper possesses water purifying, sterlizing and anti-bacterial powers, so in theory your water will stay fresher longer.
*Toriguchi comes from the Japanese word 鳥 / tori, which means bird, and 口 / kuchi which translates as mouth. Interesting, eh?
- Wash before first use
- Hand wash only
Hand Hammered Copper Tumbler • Black/Tin
- Made in Japan
Hand Hammered Copper Tumbler • Blue
- Made in Japan
UK: (excluding Tripod Ladders)
- Free delivery for orders over £100*
- £4.00: Royal Mail tracked service - delivered by the postie, can be left in safe place, limited tracking info. Approx 2-5 working days.
- £7.50: DHL, FedEx, or UPS tracked service typically delivered next working day by 6pm (excluding Sat/Sun and UK Bank Holidays) for orders received before 12pm GMT Mon–Fri (excluding UK Bank Holidays).
Global: (excluding Tripod Ladders)
- Free delivery for orders over £/$/€100*
- Price depends on location - adjust the COUNTRY tab in your basket to see the price.
- We use DHL, FedEx, or UPS, and we’ll email you the tracking info.
*Customs fees may apply and are estimated during checkout. Surcharges may apply to some larger or heavier items to some areas.
* Please note Niwaki are not responsible for any import duty, taxes or fees incurred and these will be will be collected by our courier during customs clearance — For EU countries, when possible DHL will provide an estimate on the order confirmation page.