Our showroom is open and we are dispatching orders as usual!
Topiary Course with Jake Hobson
Free delivery on orders over £100.00 (surcharges may apply to some items and locations)
Sorry, no longer available. Please contact us for help and alternatives.
View all our EN
Jake's workshops at Harvard Farm are relaxed, fun, involving - and very serious. They involve a (digital) slide show, a tour around the garden at Harvard Farm, seasonal demos in Jake's tree nursery and a practical afternoon. You'll get a delicious hot lunch, a chance to meet like-minded people, and come away with the skills to start off your own Japanese style trees. A certain interest and confidence in pruning is taken for granted. This is a practical day: please bring secateurs and appropriate outdoor clothing.
Numbers are limited to around 12 per day. We can suggest nice B&B's in the area if you're coming far.
Harvard Farm, BA22 9SZ
- 10.00: Introduction & coffee
- Illustrated talk on Niwaki in Japan, and how the same techniques can be applied to English gardens. Q&A session
- Tour around the garden at Harvard Farm, looking at the topiary and Japanese pruning
- Hot lunch in the barn
- Tour of the nursery area, where we are field growing a small but unique collection of trees trained and shaped in Japanese styles.
- Practical demonstrations on trees, including training & clipping
- Individual participation - hands on.
- 4.00: Tea
Niwaki Tip: These courses fill up quickly!