Topiary Course with Jake Hobson
Jake's workshops are relaxed, fun, involving - and very serious. They involve a (digital) slide show, a tour around the garden at Harvard Farm, seasonal demos in Jake's tree nursery and a practical afternoon. You'll get a delicious hot lunch, a chance to meet like-mided people, and come away with the skills to start off your own Japanese style trees. A certain interest and confidence in pruning is taken for granted.
- 10.00: Introduction & coffee
- Illustrated talk on Niwaki in Japan, and how the same techniques can be applied to English gardens. Q&A session
- Tour around the garden at Harvard Farm, looking at the topiary and Japanese pruning
- Lunch in the barn
- Tour of the nursery area, where we are field growing a small but unique collection of trees trained and shaped in Japanese styles.
- Practical demonstrations on trees, including training & clipping
- Individual participation
- 4.00: Tea
This is a practical day: please bring secateurs and appropriate outdoor clothing.
Numbers are limited to around 12 per day. We can suggest nice B&B's in the area if you're coming far.
£120.00 for the day, including lunch
at Harvard Farm BA22 9SZ
Tuesday 17th June 2014
Tuesday 16th September 2014
The June and Septemeber days are the same - only book one day!
Jake also does private visits for small groups in your garden if you're interested.
More info at http://www.jakehobson.com/#page_workshops